View Single Post
      12-18-2022, 08:59 PM   #1013
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoob View Post
If you're talking demand of people, automation in other industries are getting them freed up.
If you're talking demand of electricity, I fall to see your point. We have a solution and a path for future growth.
As far as solar on roofs, you are correct. However, we have more than enough space as a whole. Especially when you factor in wind and fire improvements. A current PV panel is only ~20% efficient, but they have lab tested up to 30%. Wind and batteries keep improving too. Again, you are comparing current to future... not future to future
When I got my degree in electrical engineering in 1993, prototype solar panels were ~ 16% efficient in lab testing, and passed 20% in a lab a year later. That was almost 30 years ago. In 2022 the actual scaled production of product on the market is now ~20%. How much progress have we made in 30 years? It took 30 years to bring that 20% to market.

Looking at the past and comparing to the present is a method to predict the future.

I can't compare the future to the future, and neither can you. If you want to take a whack at it, go ahead. Just don't expect me to believe in your conclusions. I don't own a magic 8 ball, so I can't compete with you on that level.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50