07-11-2022, 05:20 PM   #12
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Silver lining here:

If the cars comes with the Active Cruise Control radar, heating coils, etc. and you just have to pay to enable them, over the air...

That could mean that when you buy a clean, used example of whatever car/color you want, you can technically spec it out however you want, as opposed to playing the Goldilocks game of finding the perfect car with all the packages you wanted.

Owner didn't get ACC, ventilated seats, blind spot detection subscriptions when they bought/spec'd it? Doesn't matter, you're the owner now and can enable the features you want.

To be honest, even if this became a thing in the US, I'm sure most BMW buyers here would just pay the fee for "Lifetime" CarPlay, heated seats, adaptive cruise, etc. Just like they do now when building and ordering a car.
Sorry, but the manufacturer retaining rights of access to amenities and function, like Tesla... A BIG NO! I buy it, I chose the options I PAY for, they're then mine! Want a Tesla, go buy one!

Leased vehicles are a different story! You don't own it! And just like today some manufacturers limiting resales, ie, retaining some sort of ownership rights when you purchase a vehicle is just insane! I buy it, and 6 months later I don't like it, I'm selling it, and it's none of your business for how much or to whom!

This is a serious shift or paradigm they're trying to implement that only beenfits them, nobody else. Lol

BMW has already tried it and failed... Hope that trend continues!
Appreciate 2