RichBZ
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2011 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Noobs

Hello all
Richard Bertagna

2011 3.0 6 cyl, red, white interior, 6 speed manual, cold weather package, premium pkg, wood trim.

In 2010 I traded in my 07 Z4 for a new Z4 that I special ordered. I finally picked up my 2011 Z4 in June 2010. It is a everyday driver and I currently have 60K miles on it. I have replaced the rear brakes twice ( $400 each time), they seem to only last about 25 K miles. I have not replaced the front brakes yet. I do the light maintenance like changing oil myself, twice a year. I had the battery replaced at year 6, cost $300 at the local BMW dealer. I like the run flats tires. The first year I had the car I was on the highway going 75 mph in a rain storm and I heard a pop and hiss. The tire light came on and I slowed to 50 mph. If it had not been for the flat tire light coming on I would not have thought I had a flat. Back home I found a 2 inch piece of iron had pierced the sidewall. I drove on that tire for a week waiting for a replacement tire.

I do have a question for the group. I remove the air filter box on changing the air filter. I find it a lot easier to do it that way. Anyway I noticed a second filter inside the air box that does not seem to be replaceable. Has anyone else noticed this, and why it is there?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0