View Single Post
      08-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #30
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Update: Exhaust Done

Another update.

As mentioned earlier, I went with a custom quad tip exhaust. To make it fit right in the diffuser we went with a muffler delete.

It sounded great WOT but was too much as a daily driver, and the drone was just plain stupid. It was so loud that the floor in the cabin would vibrate. I also felt like I lost a ton of low end torque.

About a week or so later we added Magnaflow straight through mufflers. This helped to reduce the overall noise to near stock levels, but I had some bad drone around 2k. I felt like some tq did come back with the added back pressure.

After a week or so I missed the aggression in the muffler delete. The sound had very deep, low pitched rumbles but not the high tone pops. At speed the exhaust tone would disappear.

We decided to swap the stock mid cats for for Vibrant bottle style resonators. The results. Its actually even quieter. Good thing is the drone is completely gone. I have some rumbles, and better pops. At 4k is when the sound really comes in. So far I like it. I hope the lack of cats will help break down the muffler and resonator packing just a bit. I would like it a hair loud / more aggressive. I'm still waiting for the car to adjust before I comment on power gains, tq loss.

Muffler delete video

Some videos of the new set up. AR catless dp, Vibrant resonators, Magnaflow straight though mufflers, custom quad tips.

Attached Images

GC LITES / BQ TUNE / MHD / FUEL IT BT ECA / WALBRO 525 LPFP / KW V3 / E9X M3 CONTROL ARMS / TURNER REAR CAMBER ARMS / RE BUSHINGS / H&R SWAYS / LUXON STRUTBAR / VRSF 7.5" FMIC / ER CP / TIAL BOV / VTT IN/OUTLETS / AFE PRO5R INTAKE / AR C.L. DP / BMS OCC / RB PVC / CF LIP + SIDE + SPOILER + DIFFUSER / IND REFLECTORS / BLK GRILLS / STUBBY / PB BBK / Forgestar F14 F: 19x9 et35 R: 19x10 et38/ Michelin PSS F: 245/35/19 R: 275/30/19
Appreciate 1
fmorelli161.50