United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Good for them. I hope he takes them up on that offer.

It would be interesting for any of us to go though simulation training of a traffic stop, for example. We are the officer. We approach the car not knowing who is inside or if they have weapons. In this simulation, the driver does not follow instructions to put his/her hands on the steering wheel or out the window in plain sight. Instead, the driver reaches for their waistband. At that moment, our lives are in danger and we have to make a choice. Do we shoot to protect ourselves from being shot, or do we give the driver the benefit of the doubt and hope they are not reaching for a weapon? Really a tough situation. It would be good to take some vocal opponents of the police through this type of training and see how often they shoot somebody because they are in fear of their life.

Maybe community programs are in order to provide this type of training so when an officer give instructions the public knows why its important to follow those instructions to the letter.

Maybe this exists already, but if not, maybe there should be a video game of simulated police situations where the player is the officer who is put in different situations. The score could be based on how often they shoot somebody that didn't have a weapon they were ready to use vs the number times they were themselves shot because they did not react quickly enough.

Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0