View Single Post
      04-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #8
paris1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 35i Space Grey over Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim3314 View Post
Did you calculate: 600+ miles/XX gals of gas you had to pour = 27.5 mpg?

If so, that's something I could most definitely live with, especially going at 75-80 mph!!!
Yes; that's what I meant by "hand-calculated". I was pleasantly surprised too. I don't put a lot of faith in dashboard display avg. mpg, but this one seems reasonably accurate and very consistent. When we got the car it read 22.6 mpg and had been owned by a woman who had been driving it around the Phoenix area for several months. I zeroed the readout when we got it home and with my wife using it as her DD it slowly climbed to 23.7 mpg where it has remained for the past 2-3 months. As others here have said, it helps if you stay out of the turbo, but that's not easy to do entirely as during normal acceleration you can hear the turbo whine. It's actually a rather pleasant sound. Leave it in comfort mode and it's the same thing as eco mode in lesser cars. Shifts up quickly in order to get you to high gear as soon as possible, but with all the torque this thing has, you'll never feel like you're out of the power band.
Appreciate 0