07-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #134
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurcher View Post
Crap, I had to go back and re-read that - and yea WTF BMW? I thought the subs would be "mono". not the 6.5....
OK - I'll get into the software in the morning and see how mine is set-up. 102 F outside and 91 in the garage right now....
THat would be helpful. So bimmertech's existing harness for the E89 Z4 is wrong. It killed the bridged mid-bass footwell woofers. They are fixing that and getting it out to the two (?) e89 Z4 owners of that amp. Insane. Where is the rest of the world, lol.

Okay I've been thinking about this and would like your thought. I'm thinking about making a harness to route the center channel wiring down to the bridged footwell woofer. The bridged woofer as I read the ETK is in the passenger right side. So anyway, I'd run the center channel down there. Then, I'd hook the right-side footwell woofer to the center channel wire instead of the bridge wire. Then obviously the center channel speaker is no longer connected. This would allow the car to have 8 channels, no bridging BS across channels. Mid-ranges bridges seems like a really bad idea. And for that matter, a center channel in a stereo seems like the answer to a question no one ever asked. Given the DSP setup, the car can be tuned appropriately for this setup.

Thoughts? Am I missing something or getting something wrong?

Filippo