View Single Post
      07-03-2017, 07:03 PM   #86
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

A small update. Carbon fiber mirror back replacements installed. Let me just say these don't get installed like the average BMW. Adjust the mirror so you can see inside from the bottom. There are two metal prongs. Push them up and then pull on the bottom of the mirror. The bottom will pull out, then to top pops. The mirror body backing (what gets replaced with the CF back) has 4 tabs which can be seen once the mirror is removed. There is a hole to stick a flat blade screwdriver and twist to pop the tabs. I used a plastic removal tool to apply pressure on the mirror edge (to black case, outside) while popping the tabs. Make sure the mirror back doesn't fly off and hit the ground. To reinstall, the new mirror back gets the four tabs aligned (or you'll break them!), and popped in. The mirror simply pops back in with a sharp hit (the metal wire momentarily expands as the mirror pops in place).

Secondly I finished up the turn signals and am pleased. The faces are color coded to the car, with about 10mm of the clear turn signal lens visible so the light flashes. The trailing side (to the rear) is shot in translucent yellow.

Filippo