View Single Post
      10-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #34
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Just a small update since I've gone quiet on this, in the past week. The car is running and I drove it from where we were working on it toward home (about 40 miles). Unfortunately there is a problem in the driver rear—I believe it is with the rear tire, which is new. It sounds as if the tire is mounted backwards (it is not), and occurs rolling at speed, in or our of gear. So I drove it directly to my alignment guys (it needs to be aligned) as they are good with this stuff.

Just for other content—DO NOT buy non-BMW factory kidney grills. They simply don't work. I ordered a set of factory BMW black grills. In other news, the remaining pieces for the Bavsound system arrived.

BQ Tuning has dropped a base map so we can start working on the tuning. I also picked up a Foxwell NT510 in case BQ tells me he wants the specific individual injector values coded into the DME.

The Vibrant 02 sensor 90 degree bungs arrived, so we'll be welding in the post-cat 02 sensors in a few weeks. Other than the above, I have about a month's worth of other parts and various/sundry things to do to the car, so it will soon be back in the garage at home to run through a pretty sizable remaining punch list.

Filippo