View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #18
Dusty78
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylotto View Post
I tried to get the Halo to work, but the screen and mounting bracket was just too thick. The screen came out too far. My knuckles would hit the screen every shift into 1st, 3rd and 5th. There would be less than an inch between screen and gear shifter. I’m not sure about the automatic. It probably will not be an issue, because you are not always manipulating it like with a manual. You could probably manage with narrow clearance. However, from the picture, I would find it unacceptable due to obscuring the AC controls. You might be able to reach behind, but you would not be able to see what you are doing. That would obstruct functionality.

The stock radio did not do that much. So, I didn’t lose any functionality with the Joying. The harness preserved most of the steering wheel controls (as discussed above) it also preserved the beeping of the proximity sensors. I’d like to be able to control the volume of the beeping, but it gets your attention and you can turn it off if it annoys you. The simple on board computer stuff is all handled by the amber screen between the instrument cluster and it is not effected.

I figure the Halo is just the beginning. Soon, the major players like Alpine will develop a single DIN horizontal screen CarPlay capable head unit that doesn’t stick out too far, but until then it looks like the Joying is the only option on the market.
So I have the S677A HiFi System Professional DSP setup. Do you think it will be a pain to retrofit this system into it? I will likely need a new multi-channel amp correct? Or do you think the harness from Germany can be used? Maybe a bypass? Thanks
Appreciate 0