View Single Post
      10-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #16
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

so here's what happened, I'm loosing track of threads, bullet point it

1> car was on charge all night, didnt get to full charge, enough to start and go
2> drove 50km to my car guy, stopped car, then restarted to park it up
3> battery test with an OBD2 tester
4> started car, voltage on running was ok
5> connected load test across jump terminal points
6> loaded for 10 seconds, from what he said it was good and holding, (i forgot the figure- think he said 12 volts)
7> stopped car, move outside stopped again, restarted car went home
8> got lost getting home also traffic so I did a whole detour maybe about 80-90 km;s) mainly highway, got to car store to pup a NOCO
9> stopped car no discharge warning
10> [b]came out 10 minutes later car wouldnt start[\b]
11> kept pressing pressing, 2, then 3rd time started, went home
12> parked up, stopped started car, 2 or 3 times
13> checked battery- 9 volts
14> put it on a charger

also 1> put the car bak to full spec, put back original puddle lights, even put back the back head rests, the dashcam cabling, had no earth at the fuse end, so they have earthed it closer to the front of the car, they also put a joint in it, to extend the cable.
wondering wether the earth is tapped onto something and that's an issue, but couldnt trace the cable from the windscreen, job for another day, maybe tommorow.

I got the Noco GB70, $319 (canadian tire)

any ideas

not a drop of water in sight, I checked the drains as best I can on the soft top.

I'm reading as well, that maybe though all looks good the battery isn't holding a charge or there's some issue. Ista was showing that battery is fine and no closed circuits (I think BMW speak for short's or current draw)
Appreciate 0