Thread: Gabby Petito
View Single Post
      09-17-2021, 10:21 AM   #45
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

This came up on my FB feed:

****If anyone in this group was in Yellowstone or Grand Teton National parks around Aug. 24-27, please take a look at your photos to see if you happen to have any photos of this missing woman, the vehicle she was in or her boyfriend. The FBI has set up a national hotline to receive tips, 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).

***** 9/15/21 UPDATE from North Port Police Department*****

The national search into the disappearance of Gabrielle Petito of North Port continues. Due to the parties in this case residing in North Port, Florida, the North Port Police Department will be the primary investigating agency, in partnership with the Federal Bureau of Investigations. We will also continue to work with the Suffolk County Police Department, and we are thankful for their assistance.

Several detectives are working around the clock to piece this complex and far-reaching situation together. Gabrielle’s vehicle was recovered here in North Port at her home on September 11th. A home shared with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie and his parents. That vehicle was fully processed for evidence along with FBI agents Tuesday evening. As of now, Brian has not made himself available to be interviewed by investigators or has provided any helpful details. We know Brian returned here to North Port on September 1st — ten days before her family reported her missing on September 11th. We have no information that a crime occurred here in North Port. Brian Laundrie is a person of interest in this case.

“As a father, I can imagine the pain and suffering Gabby’s family is going through. We are pleading with anyone, including Brian, to share information with us on her whereabouts in the past few weeks. The lack of information from Brian is hindering this investigation. The answers will eventually come out. We will help find Gabby and we will help find anyone who may be involved in her disappearance," says North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison.

The FBI has set up a national hotline to receive tips. 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324). That is now our primary tip line. So far, we have received hundreds of tips which are being vetted through multiple agencies. If anyone has seen the van photographed and information which might be helpful, please let us know.

According to family, they were last in contact with Gabrielle during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Gabrielle is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. Petito and Brian were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. Gabrielle, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”

The North Port Police Department continues to work with the media to spread the word. We have conducted interviews with all major television networks and roughly 60 media outlets in the past 48 hours.

The first place we will post all info will be on our social media platforms. @northportpd on Facebook and at @NorthPortPolice on Twitter. You may also want to follow Chief Garrison on Twitter @NPPDpoliceChief

***This is another update 9/13/21 from KSL TV in Salt Lake City, Utah

SALT LAKE CITY — Officials are looking for a missing 22-year-old woman who was last seen traveling through Utah and Wyoming with her boyfriend.

Nichole Schmidt said her daughter, 22-year-old Gabby Petito, left Blue Point, New York, on a cross-country trip with her boyfriend of two years on July 2.

"She wanted to cross the country in the camper van and live the van life and live free. This was her dream," Schmidt said.

Petito's parents said the couple documented every step of the way, spending time in Colorado and southern Utah.

"If you look at her Instagram page, you can actually find a lot of evidence of where they were these past few months," said Schmidt.

But toward the end of August, the posts started slowing down.

Petito's father, who lives in Florida, said the couple was in Salt Lake City on Aug. 21. He knows because he placed an Uber Eats order for them.

"There was a power outage. She said she didn't have WiFi, so I ordered her some food," Joseph Petito said. "I know it was in Salt Lake City. It was the last time I spoke to her."

He said the couple didn't have friends in Salt Lake City but wanted to spend time in the area.

Gabby Petito's parents said the couple left Salt Lake City for Grand Teton National Park around Aug. 24, where they believe the couple spent no more than two days.

This was also around the last time Petito spoke with her mother over FaceTime.

"She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend," said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

Then the details get hazy as Petito's parents say they're not sure if she made it to her next destination.

"She was making her way up to Yellowstone," Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

"The last text I got from her was on Aug. 30. I don't know if that was her texting me or not," Schmidt said.

She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend.

Then Petito stopped responding all together. Schmidt said she initially figured the couple had lost internet reception but late last week, her mother knew something was off.

Petito's parents said they started reaching out to their local law enforcement agencies in Florida and New York. On Saturday evening, Schmidt said a detective at the Suffolk County Police Department agreed to file a case.

In an email, the Suffolk County Police Department confirmed the van was located but did not specify where. In a press release, the van was described as a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03.

They also declined to provide information on Petito's boyfriend or his current whereabouts.

A department spokesperson also said the department does not comment on suspects or persons of interest adding, "We are not commenting on who has been spoken to in relation to this investigation."

Anyone with information is asked to call Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS, or they can submit an online tip through P3tips.com.

Petito was described as approximately 5-foot-5, weighing 110 pounds. She has blonde hair, blue eyes and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads, "let it be."

Timeline of events

July 2: Gabby Petito leaves New York with her boyfriend of two years heading west. They spend time in Colorado and Southern Utah.

Aug. 12 – 24: Petito and her boyfriend are in Utah.

Aug. 21: Petito's father, Joseph Petito, orders Uber Eats for Gabby Petito. Meal is delivered to Salt Lake City. This is the last time Petito speaks with her father.

Aug. 24: Couple leaves SLC headed for Grand Teton National Park. Mother Nichole Schmidt said they spent one or two days in Wyoming.

Aug. 23 or 24: Petito's last FaceTime call with her mother. After this point, Schmidt says they "texted a lot."

Aug. 25: Schmidt says the couple's van is spotted at Grand Teton National Park.

Aug. 25: Last post on Petito's Instagram @Gabspetito.

Aug. 25-27: Schmidt says she doesn't know where Petito is. It is assumed the couple leaves Wyoming headed for Yellowstone National Park, but it is unclear if they made it.

Aug. 27: Petito's parents say her social media goes completely silent.

Aug. 30: Schmidt gets a text from Petito's number. She is not sure if it is coming from Petito. After this point, Schmidt says Petito stops replying to her text messages.

Sept. 11: Suffolk County Police Department officially opens an investigation.

This is an update Sunday evening from KSL Television in Salt Lake City, Utah

The Suffolk County Police Department in New York is confirming their search for Missing Gabby Petito. Police say Gabby went missing while traveling through Utah and Wyoming.

Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous.

"Gabrielle Petito was traveling in a white, 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03 with a companion when she stopped communicating with friends and family.

Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

Petito, 22, of Blue Point, is described as a white female, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.” The van she was traveling in has been recovered. "

Previous post

We have a report is a woman named Gabby missing who was last seen in the Yellowstone area. Please look at her picture if you were in Yellowstone around that time to see if you remember seeing her.

My daughter Gabby is missing!!! Please share!!!

Last known to be in Grand Teton Wyoming on 8/25/21 heading for Yellowstone.

Please any information will help!!

She’s 22 years old.

5’5” Blonde hair Blue eyes, triangle tattoo on left arm with flowers. Let it be tattoo written on her right arm. Belly button piercing.

Last known to be in a 2012 Ford White transit van traveling north.

Anyone with information should contact their local law enforcement officials. A Facebook page, Find Gabby, has been set up and additional information will be provided on that Facebook page.
Appreciate 0