View Single Post
      06-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #508
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Even if the Sonics are resurrected- KD won't go to Seattle. His "home" is Washington (D.C., not state)- and he didn't even give the wizards a chance.

I'd rather take Westbrook, if I'm being 100% honest. He's got that killer instinct.

I'm not trying talk you out of your feelings. That's for sure. I simply don't understand the hate.

The object is winning. The ultimate goal is getting the ring. KD gave 9 years of his career to Seattle/Oklahoma. He was a free agent. The Warriors had a spot for him and the money to spend. He saw an opportunity to get a ring and he took it. As a player, who wouldn't do that if they could? It's not his job to create parity. His job is to win games and get rings if he can. Why in the world would he want to spend the rest of his life like Charles Barkley who certainly wished he could have positioned himself to have a ring.

You say he should have given DC a chance because he's from there. I don't understand at all what that has to do with it. I'll bet if you look at all the great athletes in any sport, a very small percentage achieved their greatness in their home town. It's nice when it happens, but it certainly not standard.

I read posts saying NBA should have blocked KD's move. With what? He was a free agent. The Warriors had money to spend. Why? Because they didn't buy their team, they built it. So, the Warriors get sh*t because they are good, and smart, and play as a team, and have great coaching, and have great management and people are pissed that they win. KD gets sh*t because he is a winner in a job where winning is the objective.

The NBA needs parity. They need to figure out how to modify the rules to achieve that. KD moved under the existing rules. Why in the heck is that move his fault?
Appreciate 0