Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Why Turkey 2020 may prove to be prophetic for the 2021 Formula One Season

Turkey 2020 was a standout race for many reasons...most obvious among these was Sir 7ewis achieving his record tying 7th World Driving Championship.

When you look beyond the obvious there were many things at play under the surface. Among the outcomes were:

Albon losing his race seat based on poor performance in this race.

Perez having a stellar drive to finish on the podium.

Vettel having a resurgent drive to a podium finish while winning driver of the day on merit.

Stroll on Pole. Once again showing his rain prowess.

Verstappen leading all three practice sessions yet failing to achieve pole position and being relegated to a 6th place finish.

Perez holding Verstappen off from an attack resulting in a massive Verstappen spin.

Sir 7ewis coming from 6th place to win the race in the most treacherous conditions I've seen in a Formula One race in decades.

Now to 2021

Perez to Red Bull and if his defense of VER in this race is any indication, he will give Max quite a few problems on race day.

Vettel to a a new team which will give him a fresh start and another chance to prove his worth as a driver and potential team leader. His 3rd in Turkey signaled that he hasn't lost the fire.

Max under pressure throughout the race and falling from 2nd to 6th after quite a few lurid spins.

Ferrari producing a good chassis and being handicapped by a handicapped power unit. The 3rd and 4th could have been a 2nd and 3rd with a little more good fortune.

McLaren finishing above both Red Bulls leading to this finishing order, by first chassis:

Mercedes
Aston Martin
Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull
Renault
AlphaTauri
Alfa Romeo
Williams
Haas

I predict this may be pretty close to the 2021 finishing order. Flame suit on.

Thoughts?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
Bongoxxx804.00
F87source7238.00
yco5724.50
Ngilbe361618.50