View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #35
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
I am shocked at the amount of you guys that use gloves?!?!?. I seriously didn’t think ppl used them anymore.

I have been seriously lifting/training 30 years and never used them. I have always used chalk or liquid chalk(no mess) or a spray that prevents my hands from sweating. I have no crazy calluses or beat up hands.

I get much better contact/grip and a more pure/real connection of whatever it is I am holding. Equaling better lifts.

*My wedding ring is silicone and is no issue while training
I see quite a few people wearing gloves around the gyms I’ve been too. I used to wear them too. I agree with you on the grip; there seems to be better grip and control of whatever you’re lifitng or holding onto without gloves unless you have an issue with sweating which is my problem. My hands sweat profusely, but I’ve ditched the gloves a while ago despite still having this issue. It was a struggle not wearing them at first, but it has forced my grip to get much stronger and my forearms got much larger as result.

Only time I wear any type of grip assist gear is on back day of my forearms give out before my back does.
Appreciate 0