Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanszilla View Post
That place looks awesome.
Dacks the man so I'd follow his advice, but would differ on a few things, depending on what you want: is this a driving trip or a sight-seeing trip? Do you want to have lots of pictures of your car in cool places or YOU in cool places? If it's the later, get to a city, park, and stay awhile. If you want a drive or a mix, my 2 cents is:

(1.) I LOVE Switzerland, especially driving in the Swiss mountains. That said, I'm not as much of a fan of Geneva as Zurich. We've done a few EDs and after the last one (14 days) we decided next time we'll spend much more time in the small towns in Eastern Switzerland and do day driving trips, but this all preference of course. For me Geneva is a bit of a 'eh' but I've been there a bunch.

(2.) Italy also wouldn't be high on my list for an ED. There's a bunch of awesome places to see, but for me, not in my car. Scary places with a brand new car IMO. Lugano is a trap, it's A TRAP! Italian riviera is mostly tunnels, inter-city is bland (except in the far north and far south), etc. Great for train and planes, but I won't be doing any more ED action there.

(3.) In France, the route de napoleon if you want a beautiful slow cruise - and the route de vin, both fantastic
Appreciate 0