View Single Post
      12-18-2022, 09:41 PM   #1024
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Take the money we are blowing on solutions that don't work and use those fund to support the squillions of people who will be out of work when we realise the only way out of this is via a massive reduction in consumption. Be that population reduction and/or legislation to reduce consumption, not just of fossil fuels, of EVERYTHING.

That's your true inconvenient truth. There is no way out of this with "emissions free energy", deck chairs on the titanic.
F'n a

you know how much plastic and cardboard I have to throw away? I hate it. I recycle everything, even stuff I have to hand wash to be able to recycle it. reality is most of that still ends up in the dump anyway because the recyclers lose money on the recycled product most of the time. The solution to so many problems is to stop consuming. It will require a change to the structure and fabric of society, but nobody wants that. So here we are, arguing about deck chairs on a sinking ship, so we don't have to change our flawed path into that iceberg that doesn't give a flying F about our culture.
Appreciate 5
Cos270608.50
________4158.50
kyriian883.50
KRS_SN13433.00