View Single Post
      01-26-2023, 12:25 PM   #57
dizz81
Moving on
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral White F82 ZCP 6pd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
good question, I did, but a few things pushed me away.

- The wait for a g80 base was nearly a year (wanted to dump my Taycan ASAP - and was also on the list for a g87)

- Wanted a manual and the Blackwing Tremac is worlds better than the G80's

- Mag ride suspension is more comfortable than the G80, my Taycan had air suspension so I got spoiled by a nice ride (car is my daily)

- Could not get a pre-2023 M3 anymore, so I would be stuck with the dash billboard screen and no physical buttons.

- Value of the BW is phenomenal, I got mine for $70k OTD, which was under sticker, after much negotiation on NYE (sticker had a $12k markup), the M3 I would have wanted would be $10k+ more than I paid. Not that money was a huge factor, but with the current economy, I am stacking cash to buy rental properties after a market correction.

- I'm not far away from the Spartanburg BMW factory, and I see a lot of M cars around me, I have yet to see another CT4 Blackwing.

Bonus: Caddy sends the original buyers of the Blackwing cars to Spring Mountain for a free 2-day track event ($3,500+ value)
I always hear really good things about the Mag ride and how nice and comfortable it is. I'm moving to SD in a couple of months and I'll finally be able to take one for a spin and see what it's like behind the wheel.

Looking forward to a long term update once you get some time and miles on the car.

2011 Blk M3 ESS VT2 625/ES Race *Sold*
2018 MW F82 ZCP 6spd *Sold*
2021 Audi S5 SB
Appreciate 0