TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
I think <5% is the minor level which is $2.2M.
<5% would be an amount of up to $7.25 million. While I don't think Red Bull spent that much over the cap (that amount would be inexcusable), $1-2 million would still be significant even if classified as "minor" especially to a team like Red Bull who are already a top tier team.

And it's not just the 2021 season. We don't know if the spending was strictly for 2021 or if this was something that carried over into this years car. To simply dismiss this because it happened last year or because one deems the overspend insignificant would be wrong especially because this is Red Bull. I'm not pointing the finger directly at Red Bull but over spending by a team like Williams is not the same as over spending by Red Bull, Ferrari or Mercedes.

You can argue classification this and that but at the end of the day, every team didn't breach the cap except one. It's safe to assume that anything to do with last year's championship will be untouched so I'm looking for a significant fine and a decrease in wind tunnel testing. Sanctions have to be tough out the gate - the perception of the FIA will get a lot worse if Red Bull gets a slap on the wrist because it's the first year of the cap and those who breach rules in the future get the severe penalties.
Appreciate 0