View Single Post
      05-11-2022, 04:52 AM   #12
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvit27 View Post
Maybe you haven't read much about them over the years, but you're one of the lucky ones. My Powerflex fcab's failed within 700 miles. Plenty of others have similar experience without having to go to the track - specifically with Powerflex. And most who go *back* to OEM rubber are much happier for street use.
Lots of people use powerflex here over in europe for many years on end.
Go and look on the german forums for user experiences.
I only read this from US user experiences. And having installed them 12 years ago 50k miles, following most developments of most manufacturers, I'd say I've read more about them than most people.

And I don't think it's a matter of luck; my car is completely polybushed, so that's what? 22 bushings or so? and they're still all in pristine order, no squeaks etc.
That can't be luck. It's either an installment issue or something else. But not luck.

Quote:
Additional downsides to poly are them drying up and being squeaky. So this requires maintenance. Thus I say, if OEM rubber are still too soft then go all the way and get the monoball or delrin. They are harder but also less likely to fail.
After 12 years still no squeak. Must be an installment fail issue then.
I mean, if they don't squeak after 12 years and 50k miles....I must have done something right
This is considerably longer than the average OEM bushing holds, and the poly bushing keeps it's feel, it's just as solid as from day one. The OEM ones failed after 6 years or so.

So with the amount of miles I have on mine, and I do a decent amount of pretty hard mountain pass driving in the alps, so they're not pampered, I can only conclude that they're way better than OEM.
For track use Powerflex have the black series.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-11-2022 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0