View Single Post
      01-30-2023, 12:11 PM   #1
RED99HT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 M850i

Put a deposit down on ‘21 M850i Grand Coupe, Good Price???

Thanks in advance for advice/opinions
I’ve been on the hunt for my next vehicle for a few months now. I have a F10 550i that has been an incredible car to own with 185,000 near flawless miles. Bought it new and it still runs like a champ but It started an upper oil pan oil leak, its slow but nevertheless its an $2500 fix at the dealer, The car is worth like 5k LOL. And I’m ready for a change.
On Saturday I put a deposit down on a 21 M850i Gran Coupe. Contingent on a couple things the dealer said they would take care of.
I was really wanting an M5 but this car really got me thinking do I need an M5. Ive always loved the styling of the 6 series and the 8’s. One of the best looking cars on the road. My hesitancy is that it’s close to M5 pricing for a 2020. 2021 M5’s seem to be around 10-20k more. But as a daily driver would a 2020 base M5 or an M850 be better? I’ve read through several posts on this and it seems like a tie for daily use. Realistically I would never track the car and race on the street but I do like to have fun on my own when it’s clear and safe. I opened this 850 up and its no slouch but not M5 fast obviously.

This car checked my top 3 criteria for what I was looking for:
1. Low Mileage, 8700
2. Well maintained, Carbon Black Paint is near perfect, no swirl marks, Interior perfect condition, although there is a faint smell of previous owner smoking, part of the contingency that they will get smell out, they promised they will ozone it and get it out
3. CPO warranty until Dec 25 unlimited miles

Price out the door $84k, Is this a good price? From my research it seams like a really good deal but would like to hear others opinions.
Appreciate 0