View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #9
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

11. Use a pick tool to remove the two gaskets from the housing. Clean up any grime on the parts and engine. Install new gaskets. Installation is the reverse. When reinstalling the fan, make sure the two tabs at the bottom slide into the slots on top of the intercooler.
12. Torque specs:
Oil filter housing 22nm
Oil coolant hose under housing 15nm
Oil cooler thermostat 16nm
Oil cooler hose 16nm
Intake manifold 15nm
Shock tower nuts (if you removed a strut tower brace) 34nm. BMW says these are single use nuts.
All other screws are hand tight.
13. If you’ve drained the oil, install a new oil filter and O rings, and add 7 quarts of oil.
14. Top off the coolant. To run the cooling system bleed, connect a battery tender. Without starting the car, press the start button twice so the dashboard is all lit up. Turn the temperature on both dials to the highest setting and the fan speed to the lowest setting. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for 10 seconds. The water pump will run and air will be purged from the system. The process takes 12 minutes and the pump will stop and start. Check the coolant level again and adjust as needed.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0