05-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Assuming you mean this CNN piece ? (sorry dont watch any of the propaganda stations)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...sy/vp-BB1gzVIR

Horse racing, like Boxing, is notorious for falsified drug tests. Or bad guys doping afterwards, handlers bribed. its a money maker, like in the 100's of millions. Not saying he didn't dope the horse, but like all cases, don't believe first accusation...get the facts.

"People in the public don't understand," Baffert said in his television appearance. "People in my world, they understand this is all B.S. Bob Baffert's not stupid. ... We don't use that drug. That horse never had it in him, and we have the documentation."

No, actually I hadn't watched CNN and you've made it abundantly clear you don't watch it either, lol. I actually read about it on The Guardian and other sources. The pure fact this guy is using the term "cancel culture" for this incident speaks for itself. Why on earth have 5 other horses that he has "trained" also been disqualified in just one year?

According to various reports:

The trainer on Monday lashed out at Churchill Downs for announcing his suspension before a more lengthy investigation could be done.

"I think it was just a knee-jerk, cancel culture kind of reaction," Baffert told Peacock Network's "The Dan Patrick Show." "They violated my due process."

A Churchill Downs spokesman on Monday declined to comment on Baffert's allegations, instead referring to a statement from Sunday: "Failure to comply with the rules and medication protocols jeopardizes the safety of the horses and jockeys, the integrity of our sport and the reputation of the Kentucky Derby and all who participate."

Churchill Downs, the site of the Derby, revealed Sunday that Medina Spirit had registered levels of an anti-inflammatory drug beyond Kentucky horse racing's legal limit in a post-race blood test. For now, Baffert, who holds the record for the most Derby wins in the sport's history, is suspended from entering horses at the track, and if the results are confirmed, he and Medina Spirit will be stripped of their victory.

Baffert thinks that would be unfair. During an interview on Fox News on Monday, he called Churchill Downs' statement "harsh," suggesting that they faced societal pressure to reach their decision. "We live in a different world now. This America is different ... it was like a cancel culture kind of a thing," Baffert said, without acknowledging that his horses have reportedly failed drug tests 29 other times over his four-decade career.
Appreciate 0