08-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #80
BIGBOYQ
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondresb View Post
I manned up and did it myself :-) Combo of blushing and pride when I used DUCT TAPE (after sticking it in place w/adhesive pads) under the hood of my Z )) I will change it with something more permanent in a while (even good duct tape does not love the heat). The placement I chose for the tuning box for now was vertically on the back of the windshield fluid box, would love some tips and comments about what others have done here.

Regarding performance I was a tiny bit disappointed about "relative low RPM 6th gear improvements", which I was really hoping for. Still feels quite "dead" pushing down the pedal at 110 km/h without shifting down. But 3rd and 4th gear on medium RPM seems to have gotten a lot more punch. The 80 to 130 km/h in 4th timings proved quite hard to do exact, but roughly a second improvement I would say. Subjectively I also felt quite a bit of improvement on a typical 3th gear overtake (similar acceleration as the one I timed, but obviously on higher RPMs).

MPG seems to be more or less exactly the same, wishful thinking might indicate a 5% improvement.

The manual "boost meter" on the tuning box was set to 6 (ouf of 10) on arrival. Left it unchanged (no Spinal Tap 11 on the scale, very disappointed).

Happy so far, as I mentioned I would love input on the best way you guys have found for fixating the box.
I would use cable ties?
As I was able to get my JB4 in my DMU box

Hope you still enjoying the extra power
e46 220D (Sold)
Appreciate 0