View Single Post
      01-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #432
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I don’t think that’s the argument - rather, Audi and Mercedes have been doing it a lot longer and are (presumably) better at FWD or AWD applications.

BMW themselves used to crow about the advantages of a RWD driven vehicle, and one could argue that RWD was the brand’s most identifying characteristic for the vast majority of the company’s history. It’s obviously not the direction many would like to see the company going, with the progression of FWD 1ers and 2ers, and no RWD option for the 2er GC.

AKA, they’re not doing anything revolutionary here. They’re just trying to copy what others have done for a slice of market share. Is that really a competitor?
Of course it is, who wouldn't it be, and the Mini is already a top 10 seller. Audi muscled in on BMW's patch in the mid 90s and made a good fist of it. Are you - and others here - saying that BMW should be shoved back into its box, know its place, and be morally banned from competing? That's what I meant by "rubbish", although I know some of them are just trolling of course.

The 2 series active tourer? Has-been wannabe, right? Especially if you've never driven one, or seen one, or need one. Anyway, it's the biggest-selling hybrid in Germany, recently surpassing the e-Golf. (The i3 is fourth, and the 530e tenth). Yep, all pointless to go into competition.
Appreciate 0