View Single Post
      01-06-2019, 01:52 AM   #425
MarcelM1
Private
Rep
Drives: Passat B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
Presumably the way it drives isn't important? If not, you're onto something - BMW has no reason to make a competitor, because competition is pointless right?

Of all the rubbish posted on this forum, the assertion that there is no point making a high-output 4WD because Audi and Mercedes are already doing it and thus there is no need is the most puzzlingly rubbish of all. If that was the prevailing logic y'all would still be banging rocks.
I have never made the assertion that there is no point of making a high power 4WD. But I'm concerned about BMW trying to beat Audi at it's own game. Meaning 4-Cylinder, transverse engine layout and FWD/Haldex-AWD.

Let's face it, one of the main reason people bought the 1-Series was because of the RWD and in case of the M135/140i, the straight 6.

Let's take that away from the platform and I think it'll be pretty hard for the 1-Series and 2 GC.

In my opinion there is no way that they are going to outdo Audi on the interior department so what's left is the handling of the car in which they need to shine. And even if they manage to blow Audi and Mercedes out of the water handling wise with that platform, it'll be hard to justify a purchase for the average joe.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with
Appreciate 0