GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I think it was a good idea and the people that got upset by it need to lighten up. They come out with a stupid idea a couple of days before April 1st and "geniuses" are now upset they were duped.

Anyone that got their feelings hurt or invested additional money in VW stock because it was going to be named Voltswagen are idiots.

Likely still accomplished their goal even if news outlets are upset.
If that were the story, I'd agree, but that's not the story; rather the story came out, then the actual VW corp press office confirmed the story was true.

Nobody should lighten up about a publicly traded company's press office lying to the public & investors ... which is why the SEC could investigate for stock manipulation: The stock moved on news the publicly traded company confirmed. People may have lost money, potentially a lot. Not a "oh ha ha" thing, possibly (probably) illegal.

It's like if I worked for Fidelity, called you and told you your 401k balance was $0 - and then you called back and got someone else who said, yeah, you've got $0. Then tomorrow, "ha ha, it's not $0!". Would your feelings be hurt or would you be pissed you were lied to, especially about your investments by an institution?
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
Vivek.1366.00