View Single Post
      04-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
williakz
Banned
Rep
Drives: Lexus LS460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
There is more to our software than just power. In my opinion our software performs better than stock overall even when you remove the differences in power. Scaling down our tune to make less than the stage 1 would be easy as we simply dial the boost back. The problem is that the remote tuning hardware, the time spent to build the file and all of the work that goes into a product like this is the same as our current stage 1 and stage 2 tunes so there is no cost savings by simply lowering the power output.

I found in my personal Z4 35is the overboost to be annoying as it would come and go often and not be available when I wanted it or was expecting it. Having the additional power always available I found much more enjoyable.
Hi Roman,

Thanks for your response. From engineering, accounting, and enthusiast perspectives, I fully understand your points and consider them both reasonable and valid. That said, you have not addressed the MARKETING aspect of the ESS tuning system as it relates to the "baby boost" tune I have proposed. Please do so with your management so they (and you) can consider if and how any upfront pricing disadvantage for "sHADOW" could be offset by later Stage 1/Stage 2 tuning upgrades, wider acceptance of your system across more owner profiles, and customer loyalty for the $5,000 "saved" by your magical transformation of their 35i into a stock 35is . Good luck and thanks again for your consideration.

BTW, I put my money where my mouth is. You can punch me in as the first customer for the "sHADOW" tune program to turn my 2014 35i into a 35i-sHADOW. Visa or Mastercard?

Last edited by williakz; 04-26-2013 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Add MWM
Appreciate 0