09-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #498
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I have mixed emotions about Barkley. Every team needs high end talent to win and we have very few high end players for now. Their cap space improves next year and year after will be amongst best in the league. I am not sure what I would do, maybe try and get him on a two year extension. he doesnt have a lot of tread on his tires.
Look at Zeke on the Cowboys who is already washed up. Barkley will mirror Zeke in 2 more season so it’s best that we sell high. The Giants have absolutely no talent at WR except MAYBE that rookie Robinson who hasn’t played yet and IIRC is already ruled out against the Bears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
I mean, look at all the young QBs that are considered good/great. They have at least 1 top wr. Not every QB is Tom Brady that can take any guy off the street and win with them. Thats why all these teams with young qbs went crazy with WRs this last offseason.

Burrow - Chase, Higgins, Boyd
Herbert - Williams, Allen
Allen - Diggs
Hurts (for those that think hes an MVP candidate) - Brown, Smith
Tua - Hill, Waddle
Mahomes - Hill, Kelce

Now look at the young qbs who have been below average and who their wrs are.
Jones - Golladay, Toney, Shepard
Fields - Who fucking knows
Zach Wilson - no one
Darnold - had no one
Trevor Lawrence - Last season, no one. This season doing better after getting better wrs.

Those first few years in the NFL, most every QB needs some top level talent catching the ball. Every now and then there is an exception, but its few and far between.
Correct as the Giants have zero talent at that position. But this is year 4 for Jones and he has regressed since his rookie season, therefore, I’m ready to turn the page. The one thing he has improved is not fumble the ball but his inability to not read defenses is the reason why he would be a serviceable backup for years to come.

Herbert, he can do it
Burrow, he can do it
Allen, he can do it
Mahomes, he can do it
Rogers, he can do it

Jones, he doesn’t have it and when Daboll and Schoen are behind closed doors they already know Jones isn’t the answer. They’ve simplified the playbook to make it easy and they STILL have trouble scoring.

So, tonights game, I predict the Bengals will come out on top as I don’t think Tua is 100% no matter what he says. However, if the fins win, I won’t be surprised but my pick is on the Bengals.
Appreciate 0