09-29-2022, 03:34 PM   #495
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
I definitely dont think hes right for the Giants in the future. you guys have no cap, need to completely blow up the roster and paying him, as well as barkley, would be counter productive.

but the thing those other qbs you listed with bad olines have that jones doesnt, is good, productive receiving groups. The Giants have made some terrible FA moves and havent been able to draft for shit the last decade. Jones could do well with a different team that has some more talent on it. A wr group with Golladay, Shepard, Toney and Stills is not a great group for a young QB

As for trading barkley, i dont think there is much of a trade market for him. Any team that trades for him has to give him a contract, or its a waste of a pick. Your best option is to let him hit FA and hope he signs one of those inflated FA contracts so you can get a comp 3rd/4th pick.

Giants will have $80M of cap space next season so they’ll have plenty of cap space and a team will gladly pry Barkley away from the Meadowlands. Also, a good QB makes great receivers, not the other way around. Jones will be a backup for another team next season so I’m eager to see what Daboll has up his sleeve. Tyrod Taylor should start once they’ve fallen out of the division.
Appreciate 0