View Single Post
      09-29-2022, 12:31 PM   #494
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Burrow has a terrible OL, Herbert has a terrible OL, Josh Allen had a terrible OL, other teams in recent seasons have had more drops than the Giants and those teams have QB’s who know how to get the job done. No more excuses but the current Giants coaching staff know that Daniel Jones isn’t the answer. Again, I’m sure he’s a guy you would want your daughter to date/marry and he’s a gifted athlete. I even said the other day that he can throw the ball/run with any QB in the NFL. He’s biggest flaw is his in game decisions in the pocket when it collapses. He doesn’t scan the field for other open receivers. Unless all of a sudden a switch is turned on and he guides the Giants to the playoffs and has a great season, then I’ll think differently. Until then, I’m done with him and they can trade Barks too to a contender for a pick in the 2023 draft.

The Giants IMHO got the right GM and the right coach for once in a long time and I’m patient enough for a proper rebuild. Not many fans can say their teams won multiple championships the past 15 seasons:

Patriots
Steelers
Giants

Giants should be able to beat the Bears and then get smoked in London by the Packers. Tyrod Taylor should get a crack soon and I’m not expecting him to light it up, just something different.
I definitely dont think hes right for the Giants in the future. you guys have no cap, need to completely blow up the roster and paying him, as well as barkley, would be counter productive.

but the thing those other qbs you listed with bad olines have that jones doesnt, is good, productive receiving groups. The Giants have made some terrible FA moves and havent been able to draft for shit the last decade. Jones could do well with a different team that has some more talent on it. A wr group with Golladay, Shepard, Toney and Stills is not a great group for a young QB

As for trading barkley, i dont think there is much of a trade market for him. Any team that trades for him has to give him a contract, or its a waste of a pick. Your best option is to let him hit FA and hope he signs one of those inflated FA contracts so you can get a comp 3rd/4th pick.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0