View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #29
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
There are ZERO good reasons your c7 isn't fixed by now. ZERO. My patients would have been shot after 1 month. I would stop playing nice and start being the squeaky wheel.
To be fair, my friend and ex-coworker who convinced me to buy a C7 has had a FLAWLESS experience. I guess as long as you don't have to deal with GM or the dealership network much, it is a FANTASTIC car for the value. The reasons why I bought the car hasn't changed, and I suspect IF when I get the car back, I'll still enjoy every bit of it.

My patience SHOULD have been shot after two weeks. I'm the guy that called my dealership internet sales manager twice a day to ask about where my Z4 M Coupe was when I ordered it in March of 2006. Every day. For 3 months until it was delivered.

I gave them some benefit of the doubt, because car was dropped off March 2nd, and then 2 weeks later California shut down. Then I spent another two weeks dealing with returning my dad's leased Bolt after his untimely passing (there's another thread here about that) during the COVID-19 crisis. With the Z4 M Coupe and the 335D in the garage, and with all the work from home stuff, I didn't have the need to drive (I filled up the diesel in March. There's still a quarter of a tank left), it wasn't until April when I figured I've given the dealership and GM way too much platitude already.

At this point I am just more surprised that they didn't just crate in an engine rather than trying to fix it after 2+ months. They must have known what is wrong with it and why it seized up within that first week. 8 weeks to authorize a repair is inexcusable. 8 weeks to authorize a repair rather than a replacement, IMO, is a f**king travesty.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
Rmtt8211.00