08-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #14
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli371 View Post
forgot to mention, there are different maps for each of the octane levels with mhd as well, i imagine theres a marginal difference between the two though. 93 is tougher to come across here, so i'm on 91 right now
on cobb 93 tune allows a bit more boost... last time i hooked my cobb up to do some checks(few days ago) max boost i hit was 16.5psi i think 91 map was 14.5 psi or something like that...

When you are doing plugs... get Iridium 1 step colder ones. N55 engine had iridium one step colder ones stock and for tuned N54 they are recommended. First time doing plugs i changed to oem bosch plugs... these did not last long... 10000 km maybe and had already signs of wear on them. Now im running N55 oem colder plugs and soon after that i changed to Delphi coils from stock Bosch. Eldor is said to be marginally better but they are more expensive aswell. For me Delphi was easily purchaseable and cheaper. For Eldor i should have had to order them from the dealer or from usa. Car runs great.

When i got my Cobb i had 3 stage one maps... 2 91 oct maps ( drive, sport) and 93 oct (agressive)...each map ups the boost a tiny bit... i started with the mildest, got used to it changed to second map and finally started using 93 oct map. Now im used to that and want even more. Cobb has a linear throttle option for each map aswell. I used it in winter conditions briefly. Stock throttle is like a switch past halfway point of pedal travel... In icy conditions that makes it right away break loose and isnt really pleasant. With linear max power is at the bottom of the pedal travel and you can modulate the power more easily. More control essentially. For summer, spring and autumn i switch it back to stock throttle. Feels more powerful and fun. No grip issues so no problems.

Last edited by KennyP; 08-23-2020 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0