View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #52
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
Did you even read these pieces you posted thoroughly?

The fact remains using your numbers 80+ people out of over 100 sustain an injury! They only retracted it since they were being threatened with a lawsuit and that 2013 NCBI piece was a political piece while litigation was being approached! The basis is fundamentally skewed from the start! Frankly it's a complete laughing stock and shows while a lot of what NCBI releases needs to be taken with a grain of salt! It's basically the Wikipedia for science!

Then to see 20% out of 486 sustained injury! Really, this is your support? That's 100 people basically that actually were willing to say they were injured, not counting the ego driven folks that touched through it!

Then your last article, hilarious! No crap aggressive lateral motion such as football, basketball, and soccer will sustain greater injury! We're also comparing Apple's to oranges!

Please enlighten me, what plane of motion are we talking about again?......

I'll let the fact C.F. has been dying for the past 2yrs speak for itself!

Yes, of course I did.

They retracted it because it was a BS study that was intentionally skewed. Which is also, not surprisingly, why they got sued.

The data shows that CrossFit isn't any more dangerous than other Olympic lifting or power lifting or gymnastic endeavors. Duh, CrossFit steals heavily from Olympic lifting, gymnastics and other barbell related fitness.

Further 20% is MILES away from your original assertion of, what was it again? Oh, yeah, 90%.

The comparison to soccer, football and the like is that no one in here is railing against playing in flag football or soccer leagues, but some folks act like CrossFit is the worst thing you can do.

Keep moving those goal posts, though. You've been wrong about everything you've posted here - except for your opinion that you don't like CrossFit. I eagerly await your peer reviewed study that backs up your 90%, and now ~80%, injury rate claims.

Appreciate 0