Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
Suspension first!

Then M Sport rear bumper.

Then maybe M Sport steering wheel if I can find an affordable airbag. I really don't care that much about the steering wheel, though.
M performance suspension is really cheap right now for pre-LCi cars. I bought my full M Perf kit + springs for about $1050 last summer. Installed I spent a total of about $1400. If you have access to a garage, you can do the install yourself. The struts and shocks on this car are very easy to install assuming you have a spring compressor.

I also have an M Performance steering wheel that works with your airbag for sale soon. The Alcantara is in really good condition (the car only has 24k miles and the wheel was cleaned meticulously). Let me know if you might be interested. It'll match the rest of your interior really well. I also live across town from you so you could come check it out if you'd like.
I can't find that suspension that low priced!

I was thinking ST X coilovers. Essentially rebranded KW V1 coilovers, made by KW, with galvanized steel instead of stainless.
Check out scorebmwparts.com which is sterling BMW's ecommerce site. Chris there should be able to hook you up.
I'm finding $1,263 for part # 33502320980.

Does that sound right?
Let me look it up. I still have the box.

EDIT: So I looked it up. I got part 33502320981. That's M Performance for the 335i. For some reason the 335i one is only ~$600 and the 4 cylinder model package is double that price.

Sorry to get your hopes up. Not sure why the 335i kit is half price.
I found that too. Odd! I'm sure I'll be happy with my coilovers.

I got my bumper painted at European Motor Car Works.

The only two body shops I'd ever trust are European Motor Car Works in Costa Mesa (they normally don't do BMWs but they make exceptions for some colors) and DC Autocraft in Burbank.
Coilovers would be the better option for the full price. M Perf are good, but I gather a good set of street coilovers would be better hands down. When I saw the half price listing for the 335i kit, I couldn't resist.

It's so tough finding a good body shop in the Irvine area. They all try to rip you off and most won't give you the time of day if you're not going through insurance.

You wouldn't happen to know if that Costa Mesa ship would do silver cars?
Appreciate 0