08-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
bmwmick
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 Z3,'11 Z4 35i,'90 C4 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
Kind of off-topic but no point in creating a new thread since it's not that big of a deal... What exactly did that recall change? Because when I brought in my car for the recall, when my car came back it was missing the red cover for the battery terminal... now it's just exposed. Did the recall have anything to do with that area?
No,

The recall pertains to the large red insulated positive cable that feeds 12V to the fuse panel in the passenger footwell. From looking at ours, it appears that they simply cut that cable and add about an 8" section with a new connector on it to the fuse panel. They cover the splice with black heat shrink tubing that can be seen when you remove the trim panel hiding the fuse panel. It IS possible that they disconnected the battery during the recall work but it's not mandatory. They would most likely disconnect the negative cable and not the positive (much safer).

Mick
Appreciate 0