02-09-2024, 04:33 PM   #52
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
OP, have you driven an R8?
I know you enjoy the porsche experience and I think you might feel a little let down going from the dynamic fun nature of a small porsche to the heavy feel of an R8

I looked hard at gated R8's but the last one I drove which was a 2012 gated v10, I got back in the M2 comp I had at the time and said to myself, all I really prefer about that R8 is that INSANE V10, if only I could put that engine in my M2 (that's literally what I thought)

R8's are big, heavy cars that don't have the dynamic feel of a bmw or a porsche, they just aren't driver's cars as much

sounds like you have a real emotional attachment to the R8, which I never had so it still might be the right choice for you but you need to drive one back to back with a porsche and see if it still speaks to you
yeah, it is much heavier than my current 718, but very similar in weight to the 992 these days...the Gen 1 R8 4.2 has similar lap times to both 991-992 911's

I'm not gonna be tracking it much if any, but as you can see it is a very capable car around a track.

To me at this point after daily driving a car that accelerates like a bat out of hell(M3P) it's not about HP and lap times much anymore, it's about just scratching an itch and ejoying different cars...The original R8 has always been one of my dream cars and still just has that "it factor" that only the GT3 -GT4 Porsches have...

The timeless design and iconic stature reminds me of my old NSX's and still captures my attention when I see one in the wild

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 02-09-2024 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
baege1339.00
chassis6621.00