Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapperss View Post
On the surface bud, it is that simple for the 90% of people.

I understand an agree with what you are saying (Protein,Fat,Carbs). But for the vast majority less in than you burn is simply all that is needed.

Any fire with less fuel than it needs will cannibalise itself (and burn out).

Someone like yourself, on the dietary educated side, may watch their macros whilst doing such a reduction. For the main stay, the reduction is more beneficial than the macros!
That's the thing tho, I don't count calories or watch macros I just eat real food. If it's so easy for 90% of ppl why are there so many obese ppl around? You may be able to force it like you're saying when you're young, but even then you shouldn't have to be "watching" ANYTHING. I'm 6'0", I spent most of my life up and down between 200 and 240lb depending on how hard I was trying and how often I made it to the gym. I've been at 170 for 4 years now with no movement up or down ever since I identified the root problem and fixed it, haven't counted a calorie since and it's been ages since I hit the gym cause I won't do it with a mask on.

We're not simply "burning" "calories", you're not actually able to burn yourself out like that, but as far as your analogy goes, if you don't fix your metabolic machinery so you're able to burn your own stored fat again cutting calories will have the same effect as putting less wood on a fire, the fire will diminish, that is what your metabolism does. Your metabolism isn't supposed to diminish tho, and this is what happens to the majority of calorie cutters, it is like having a pile of logs but they're locked in a woodshed and you can't get them (your fat stores), so you're forced to constantly throw bundles of sticks on the fire (carbs), where a couple of logs would have burned steady all day.

The intervals is by far the most important part, when you eat anything insulin goes up and then slowly declines, you're better off eating all your food of whatever type you're eating for the day in one or 2 sittings and giving it plenty of time to decrease. That is what controls your set point weight much more than the total amount of "calories".
Appreciate 3
Chapperss492.00
chassis6560.00
arkie6397.00