Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Eat less calories. Download myfitnesspal to track intake.

It really is simple math, calories in calories out.

Just have to have discipline. Don’t cheat. Start with eating 500 calories less than your current daily average caloric intake.

If you say you can’t lose weight, what you are really saying is…”I am lazy and don’t really give a sh*t”. Anyone can lose weight.
It is absolutely not that simple, if it was we wouldn't be approaching 50% obesity rate. This approach fails for almost everyone who has tried it, because your metabolism lowers itself to match your lowered intake. All the former contestants on "Biggest Loser" are fat again after losing a lot of weight by calorie deficit and exercise and willpower, and those ppl certainly aren't lazy, nor are the 10s of millions of ppl like them.

You shouldn't even have to be using "willpower", if it doesn't come intuitively it won't last long. The primary goal shouldn't be losing weight, that is just something that happens once you lower insulin and get your metabolism under control. You control insulin with your diet, where a calorie is not just a calorie it's one of 3 different substrates that you need certain amounts in varying proportions, and much less frequently than modern conventional wisdom suggests. Google "insulin resistance", it's what is at the root of most of the problem.

If you willpowered yourself into good metabolic health at a healthy weight that's great, but most ppl who can't do it or who have done it just to put the weight back on aren't simply lazy, they're fighting against physiology and that's almost always a losing proposition.
Appreciate 1
arkie6397.00