Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
true. its a very complicated science. everyone is a bit different. i agree the intermittent fasting has shown alot of benefit. I think its been shown to help people live longer as well, or at least shown that in mice studies.

i usually just eat a light lunch, bigger dinner, then a snack at night before bed and thats it. its worked for me. then again my metabolism is very different as i'm type 1 diabetic and take insulin
Your situation is unique for sure because yes everyone is a bit different but most peoples problem is the exact opposite of yours. You will never have hyperinsulinemia unless you inject too much, while most are giving it to themselves constantly with too frequent consumption of high glycemic food, or too frequent eating of ANY food if your're already badly insulin resistant, and never allowing the levels to fall. High insulin levels are the hormonal signal to store excess energy, first a small amount as glycogen then when the liver is full they are exported as triglycerides and stored in adipose tissue aka fat. This is why unless and until insulin levels are brought down to a normal range is's not going to make any difference how many calories you count because in that instance your #1 is true, with the inability to access the stored fat metabolism will slow to match input. This is the diet yo-yo and why "calorie deficit" diets are doomed to not only fail but to come back with a few more pounds added. The only way to fix it is to lower insulin which allows access to the stored energy which in turn makes it easier to not eat constantly.
Appreciate 3
Humdizzle6070.50
arkie6397.00