View Single Post
      06-27-2021, 10:27 PM   #312
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
I agree with many of your points here, but #1 is not the way our physiology is supposed to work, and the situation you describe only applies if your metabolic machinery has been compromised to the point where you are carb dependent (sadly that's well over half the population). When the carb dependency is broken and you can burn fat again (== lowering insulin levels) it's easy and seamless to eat once a day, twice a day, once every other day, or even do longer fasts as you seamlessly transition to burning your own stored energy. Energy expenditure actually INCREASES on a longer fast as that is when our caveman ancestors would have needed their energy most to go out and procure more food, and after experiencing it I will say there is a noticeable malaise in comparison when constantly fed. There is also a lot of cellular level housekeeping that goes on in a fasted state AKA autophagy that our ancestors would have experienced on the regular but most ppl today do not with eating from dawn to bedtime constantly. We were actually designed for irregularly spaced and erratic eating patterns.
true. its a very complicated science. everyone is a bit different. i agree the intermittent fasting has shown alot of benefit. I think its been shown to help people live longer as well, or at least shown that in mice studies.

i usually just eat a light lunch, bigger dinner, then a snack at night before bed and thats it. its worked for me. then again my metabolism is very different as i'm type 1 diabetic and take insulin

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 2
3PedalJake2613.50
chassis6560.00