View Single Post
      10-13-2022, 06:59 PM   #132
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sadly , he disappeared completely just like HAM did during the winter break . We all know why , the HAM/Mercedes dominance was/is broken through by a driver and not the car .

Honestly ,I really miss him...
I think, speaking in generalities the driver is usually at least 50% of the equation, maybe 60-70% at most because the car still needs to be quick and capable. I would say last year, Max’s level was likely that of 70% as he drove the heck out of that car. This year, I think the car is a bit better and he is maybe only 60%.
As for Alonso in the Alpine, likely at the higher end since that car is able to give H all sorts of trouble if Alonso wants.
Now the MB this year is quite fast as Rus has shown it can be (though many placements have had DNF luck for him). Ham, I think his MB during the initial hybrid eta was likely 70% car - and I say this because Rus just got in one day and if not for a puncture would have won with relative ease. You put Max in that MB and he would I think have wiped the floor with Ham every year. Ham is a good driver but his overinflated stats are akin to Mark McGuire or Barry Bonds to me.
Appreciate 3