View Single Post
      02-06-2023, 10:47 AM   #1219
991C2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, Porsche 911, VW GTI

I hate EVs. They are BORING!
Yup, they're VERY quick in a straight line, but after that trick - what then?

No engine sound
No shifting
No rev matching
No skill needed

Right now, I want nothing to do with them. I had my Porsche in for service and they inadvertently turned off the sound for the speakers. It took me two months to realize it since I never use the radio. I listen to flat-6, twin-turbo bliss.

The driver interaction is what I'm looking for and EVs are the exact opposite. I had someone argue that it's the "latest technology so it's the best." I said so once auto-driving is the latest and greatest technology you'll be buying on of those since it's the best.

A neighbor of mine has had four Tesla's over the years. He's had quite a few issues with them (yes, real world issues with build quality).
Instead of the pie-in-the-sky nit-whit wanting to colonize Mars, he should actually build the best cars he can build and save the Earth we live on. He's spending billions of dollars to go to Mars. What a waste.

It's funny how this thread has turned into who can charge quicker. There's a long way to go with this technology. Pick-up trucks getting 100 miles when towing or an electric RV that only goes 100 miles is NOT the answer.

Hydrogen anyone?
Appreciate 1