View Single Post
      12-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #52
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
I replaced my front pads and rotors over the Thanks Giving holidays and during the operation I noticed some play between the lower control arm and the mounting bolt. One side only. Being a holiday and not having any spare parts, I finished the brake repair and started researching replacement bushings.

I don't think the play was in the bushing, it looked more like bushing to securing bolt "play" I went ahead and ordered new control M3 TRW control arms with the then intent to swap out the arms during the upcoming holiday.

Parts arrived today and it seems to me that the securing bold is smaller than the control arm bushing. It's a simple all thread bolt and there is no way an all thread bold will have be a tight match against and control arm bushing.

I'm I missing something, Does the bolt actually clamp the control arm bushing against the frame or should the bolt be tight against the bushing?

Trying to decide if I was wrong with my original thoughts that the control arm bushings are bad. 71K on a 2012 E89. I'm sure the M3 arms are an upgrade but I hate replacing parts that are not broken.

Tuner Motor sports control arm set with bolts.

Photo is not my car, just an illustration of the movement noticed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0