View Single Post
      11-12-2021, 02:44 AM   #51
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

My upper control arm bushings were wearing out, so had to replace them anyway. My plan was to upgrade to M arms when i needed to replace those arms. And thats exactly what happened.

Upper arm you can just get aftermarket bushings... would probably be even better. Lower arm has a balljoint instead of bushing on the m arm.
Main thing with lower arm is that its a bit longer and gives extra camber. Also looks better imo, matches the rear better as rear has camber anyway.

Also i wanted to get a full set of TRW arms. But 1 upper arm was out of stock everywhere. Cancelled orders multiple times because i got a message back saying they cant get it. Finally got 3 TRW arms and 1 BMW OEM arm.
That 1 BMW arm cost almost the same as other 3 TRW parts combined.
Dont know whats up with TRW parts. Read that TRW was sold to new owners and thats maybe why there isnt any in stock. They maybe dont make them any more. Retailers werent even sure if they were ever able to get it in stock. No backorder date and so on.

Also replaced all the arm bolts and nuts. Service manual says to replace them.
Its about 10 eur per bolt, times 4 its 40 eur to replace bolts aswell. Bit much for 4 bolts but thats how it is.