View Single Post
      11-14-2022, 05:21 PM   #398
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I don't think this will ever be confirmed because this is the first I've read anything about Monaco,
And it was said by Coronel and v. Haren.....
I don't know if you know these guys, but they are the biggest gossip making yellowpage journalists you can imagine (although Coronel is an accomplished driver with immense experience, but what you say and what you do on track are two different things imho )

We will never know what the deal was, but for sure it was about a grudge, that much is clear from both Max' and Checo's choice of words on the radio.
What Checo said during the post race interview that he didn't know why Max did that....that's a clear lie, otherwise he wouldn't have said previously on the radio "now we know what kind of a guy he is", as that clearly references to something in the past imho.
And the team was aware of it, Max said so on the radio. But apparenty both Horner and Marko did not solve it. In general my view is that no F1 driver really cares how good his teammate is.
You only get to F1 by either having a lot of money or be selfish on track 100% of the time. The only result that counts is your own result. And if your contract says you're the #1 driver you expect everyone to focus on that 100% of the time. Because the competition works in exactly the same way.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-14-2022 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 5
Mr Pete1620.00
M5Rick61289.50
NYG10951.00
DrFerry6731.50