View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #289
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
That cars can't follow behind other cars is imho a design choice, both aerowise and powerwise. I think they can easily design a car that is not hampered by that so much, but that car won't be as fast in free air.

That PER couldn't pass HAM is imho not because of that, but it's because he had no time. PER only came into striking distance in the last lap or so. Yes at the end of the race he was faster but for PER passing HAM he should have been there 2 or 3 laps earlier so he had time to prepare and plan his attack at the ideal spot.

Also passing shouldn't be made too easy, otherwise we wouldn't have had that fight between RIC and BOT. RIC held off BOT pure on experience.
And passing is a talent. If anyone can do that, then it won't be something that can give better drivers the edge.
Not shocking we don't agree here either. Of course it's the design, it prevents passing in a lot of situation by even the top drivers without DRS help.

Too easy? It's near impossible without DRS, a massive pace advantage or a mistake by a driver. It's the other way and far too hard to pass. Part of it is the tracks as well.

Which, is why I posted I hope the changes make for more passing/interesting racing next year.
Appreciate 0