View Single Post
      02-01-2021, 06:32 PM   #283
Mmdt101
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Firstly thank you, it's nice to know that my info is helpful

I can recommend Acarnavi as they are the ones I dealt with in the first place. As for a recommendation on cameras and sensors I can't really help you there as I'm not in the US.

What I've not mentioned is that although I did the video on installing the camera and sensors there are a couple of points that need to be mentioned;
1) The camera in the video that I installed is a good camera but it's not a good location as it is off centre and not straight to the car. I've since replaced mine with a license plate surround camera, which is centre and straight.
2) The sensors were OK but not really what I ultimateley wanted, so I've since removed them and now have fully working OE front and rear PDC, which would intergrate with the Android screen properly, giving you the correct look while in reverse.

I say "would intergrate with the Android screen" as I wouldn't now know as I no longer have my Android screen. I removed it summer last year as I installed a full iDrive retrofit instead. I always wanted the iDrive anyway and finally found I could get hold of the parts for a decent price, although that wasn't quite the end of it but thats another story!

Retrofitting OE PDC is relatively straightforward and I hope to have a video on that sometime soon
Thanks Dave! I appreciate the feedback and advice. Looking forward to your next video! I enjoy following along with all that you've learned and your generosity with sharing it with all of us!.
Appreciate 0