01-02-2021, 06:48 PM   #9
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Well said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
The 1098 you mention is one of the older series, the bike in my avatar is the 1199S I had. Both of these and the 1299 after were the old two cylinder motors.

The V4 is a totally different model line with obviously a four cylinder motor with a capacity of 1100 CC’s.

It is a 2019 model and the acceleration, braking and all round performance is staggering. I generally use only two fingers for braking, index and middle and that is plenty.

The difference between the S and R is pretty much the entire motor and a few other bits and bobs.

The motor of the R is a 998CC from memory and is built for the track with different, stronger and lighter internals (pistons, rods, etc). They can be ridden on the road but, owing to the tolerances of the motor, they need to be serviced every few thousand kms or so.

You should have got the bike
Thank you for the great, detailed responses. It allows the mere mortals to gaze into the window of Ducati madness....there is nothing like the sound of the dry clutch and Desmotronic valve train at idle....it's pure mechanical sex.

How often do you exercise The Beast?? What is redline?? And what is the kph or mph at redline in first gear??