View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #52
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreAudi View Post
I agree though, hitting the instigator may not have been the best move, but would you really let some schmuck back kick your car and walk away?
Yes because I have a lot to lose. The type of person who would do such a thing is not someone I acknowledge in day-to-day life. It's completely subconscious, but if I have nothing to gain from you in any way, I look through you.

Had I been in the exact situation right up to the kick (sans the dialogue prior since I wouldn't engage), the best possible outcome for me would have been to ignore and move on. Otherwise, get out of the car and do what...detain him until the police arrive? Then what? How do I benefit from him being cited or charged with anything? I'd also miss or be late to whatever my destination would have been. On top of that, being involved in some sort of altercation with police and in an area where many people know me just sounds so...plebeian.

Fight? Sure...say he falls and cracks his head open on the sidewalk then dies. At best, my life just turned upside-down for the foreseeable future. Even worse, perhaps I get tackled similarly and bust up my watch on the concrete. I just ruined a piece that my grandson would have worn over a possible mark on my Ferrari or Porsche which I won't have 3 years from now.

But, sure...if I had nothing to lose from any and all possible outcomes, I would act differently.
Appreciate 0